Bookmark and Share




Friday, March 5, 2010

Open Question: Is there a way one can paint a factory finished pc. of furniture? and more...

 
 



Open Question: Is there a way one can paint a factory finished pc. of furniture? and more...

Open Question: Is there a way one can paint a factory finished pc. of furniture?

I bought a T.V. console in white (w/the nice smooth satin finish). I now like the newer "espresso" colored furniture. Is it possible to paint this kind of finish and have the paint stick good?

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: What's the best and cheapest way to make an old dresser look newer?

I have an old dresser that's in pretty good shape but it was painted white (with regular wall paint with a brush, you can see the strokes). The paint is chipping, you can see some of the wood. I want to repaint it with a beige color and change the knobs. Should I use a paint remover and just paint it again or just sand down the paint now and paint it again? My mother wants to do the later and then spray paint it (she loves spray painting) but before I waste that money I want to know what is the easiest option. And I don't want to restore the wood or anything, just coat the thing with paint over again so it looks smooth with a bit of shine. Thanks!

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: Do I need to sand newly stained wood before applying the finish coat?

Just need to know if I should sand the newly- oil based- stained wood before I apply the polyurethane finish coat? And is it better to sand or use mineral spirits between the same top finish coats? I have read a lot of info. on Minwax.com, but have not come across the answer for my question. Also, if using oil based stain, is it best to also use oil based finish coart and vice-versa. Thank you

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: Where can i buy 3m window security flim?

im lookign for soem kind of "smash" proof film that i can apply myself over the panes of glass i have on my doors near the locks. Cant seent tio find it on sale anywhere? Or is it best to buy soem "lexan" and somehow fix it to the inside of the exisiting windows pnes to make the glass tougher?

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: What should I use to glue metal to wood? (Details inside)?

I have a wood piece that needs to screw onto a metal piece. The treads that should be carved in the wooden part are damaged and the wood piece just pops right off the metal screw. It doesn't need to come off ever again, so I was going to just super glue it on. My question is, should I use regular super glue for something like this? Does it work okay with metal/wood? It needs to be on there fairly good, but no one is going to be tugging on it or anything.

Email to a friendRelated



Open Question: I just bought a romanoff wax injector for making jewelery.What is the smallest air compressor I can use with i?

I didn't realize I needed an air source and have spent most of my money.I want to know the cheapest way to go.

Email to a friendRelated



More Recent Articles


Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Yahoo! Answers: Search for " or change your subscription or subscribe

Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

0 comments: